| || |
Driveing Me Mad
I recorded a simply script to run through our website to create orders. All was going ok for a few days and then all of a sudden the scripts stopped working and say that they could not find the active window or that they could not find this or that(which it found the day before)
Although I am testing on our UAT env and the web site changes alot the physical structure and names of items do not change much if at all.
Is there a reason for this? I have tried createing a global gui but I dont think this is the problem as it worked before.
When I initialy setup the scripts I was working on a gui per test basis but have since moved to global gui.
My version is WR7.01 on NT4 6a IE5.5 with Web, VB, ActiveX and Powerbuilder add in's.
I am a novice at winrunner so if you could keep any reply simple it would be appreaciated.
Re: Driveing Me Mad
Do some reading in the user guide regarding the gui maps...since I can't tell you you're exact problem as I'm not there to see it...but you did say that the page changes it may be the parent-child relationship of the windows and objects that have changed that are causing WinRunner problems. Contact MI's support people they can help you out and even use a remote connection to your PC to see exactly what's going on. Give them a chance to help you first before getting too frustrated. They are very good!