Working with TextDirector + Winrunner
I am working on TextDirector + Winrunner, I need some online Help-
GUI Map File Mode:
Which is good to select
Global GUI Map File
GUI Map File Per Test
Re: Working with TextDirector + Winrunner
There are pros and cons for each method. Here are a few:
Global GUI File
1. Anytime the GUI to your application changes, you only have to modify the one Gui file, no matter how many tests use it. You can have hundreds of tests but only 1 Gui file.
2. Managing tests become a little simpler because you don't have multiple Gui files.
1. If one person on your team incorrectly changes something in the one Gui file, it could potentially break all you tests.
2. If you are testing an application with many pages and controls, the Gui file can get quite large. This could affect performance.
3. You have to add statements to each script to load the Gui file.
4. If you have multiple testers creating scripts, you'll need one person to manage the Gui file. This prevents people from stepping on each other's toes.
Map file per test
1. The Gui file automatically gets loaded along with the script. So, you don't have to manually load it.
2. You can modify something in your Gui file without worrying that it might affect other tests.
3. More than likely, the size of each Gui file will be very small, thus ensuring no performance problems because of a large file.
1. If you have a hundred tests, you'll have a hundred Gui files to manage.
2. If the Gui changes on you application and you need to modify the Gui map, you'll have to modify each and every Gui file separately.
All that being said, I use Global Gui map files.