Has anybody found that when they re-open the GUI Map that WinRunner no longer recognises the contents of the GUI Map. When I start my tests they all fail saying that the objects are not in the GUI Map when in fact they are.
I then try to 'Learn' the objects again and they are all identified as 'mic_unknown_class'.
This is a web-based application that I am automating.
Can anybody advise?
I think I may have resolved this. I have changed the sequence in which I open WinRunner. Open WinRunner first, followed by the browser. This seems to work.
[This message has been edited by andrew1 (edited 10-03-2002).]
Yes, you always have to open the browser after WinRunner.
When I started my first journey in WinRunner scripting I had similar problem. No idea whetehr it is a fault or what, but WinRunner has to be first opened and then the application or browser.
I had horrible time. I was always getting mic_unknown_clss error when I first started scripting.
People said, you have not installed WR properly ... After a lot of thought and discussion ,posting in forum I came to know that One DLL.ie4.dll has to be registered.
Then it worked
No idea why Mercury product does not automatically take care of it.
Open WR first and then the Application, so it should solve the problem.
[This message has been edited by Govind (edited 10-04-2002).]