Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

getting item value from combobox

I have combobox control and I am trying to do something simple. But its not working for me why don't know. tthough it works for a different instance.
    OK here it is
    My combobox has say 6 items. For each item number #0 to #5 there is a value.
    Say in the below format
    "11111 Savings-0 $1200.00"
    Now I am trying to get the value using statement. basically figuring out what item value is
    pause(list_get_item ("FromAccount",0,tmpstr));

and the result in pause window is "0".

What I aim is to get the value and split the value string say into 3 items act no, act type and act amnt. To get that I was thinking of using split with space character. Though that is still to be seen, is there any other way of splitting string value.
    split(tmpstr,tmparr," ");

------------------

[This message has been edited by LRWRnovice (edited 09-16-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: getting item value from combobox

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LRWRnovice:
    I have combobox control and I am trying to do something simple. But its not working for me why don't know. tthough it works for a different instance.
    OK here it is
    My combobox has say 6 items. For each item number #0 to #5 there is a value.
    Say in the below format
    "11111 Savings-0 $1200.00"
    Now I am trying to get the value using statement. basically figuring out what item value is
    pause(list_get_item ("FromAccount",0,tmpstr));

and the result in pause window is "0".

What I aim is to get the value and split the value string say into 3 items act no, act type and act amnt. To get that I was thinking of using split with space character. Though that is still to be seen, is there any other way of splitting string value.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This might be what you want:

list_get_item("FromAccount",0,tmpstr);
    pause(tmpstr);
    static tmparr[];
    pause(tmparr[0]);
    pause(tmparr[1]);
    pause(tmparr[2]);

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: getting item value from combobox

Thanks dajue. I was applying the wrong usage of pause() statement.

It works now but now i have another issue which is more of finding out the logic not syntax. Will retrun back if fail to find a logic.

------------------