Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Testing buying a product

Hi, I'm new at using winRunner to create my test scripts, I'm not sure how to fix this problem, I'm using it to test a web application, if I use it to buy a certain product in my site and record the actual clicking using context sensitive test, when I actually run the test it doesn't select the same product i selected when i was recording, also, if i do step by step it would actually run it properly but if i use run from top or from arrow it does something completely different,
    Some help will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Testing buying a product

Synchronization issue ???

If it works when you step through the code, but will not work when it runs:

Selecting a list item on a web page with some web apps, you can see the object but the app has not fully loaded the values in the list. If you can step through it and it works, I would say it is a timing issue.

You could check the "count" of a list, wait 6 seconds then check it again, if No change populating list might be done. Adjust wait time to meet your needs.

Let me know if this helps...

------------------
    cranem451 - cranem@addendum.com