User Steve Mathisen (email@example.com) posted:
Has anyone else had trouble with the Active-X add-in. With the help of MI
support I have determined that it is keeping my AUT from starting up
properly (the process starts up, but, you never see even the splash screen
from the app). If I disable the Active-X add-in, the app starts up just
fine. This only happens on Win2K. It works fine on 98 & ME.
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com
Quality is the result of a carefully constructed cultural environment. It has to be the fabric of the organization, not part of the fabric.
I had the same issue a few months back... my SQLServer would stop working when ActiveX support was added in a turned on. MI support was less than helpful at first. But finally offered a bit of help.
Copied from their answer:
"From your Service Request, it sounds like there may be another process being initiated when the AUT connects to the SQL Server, which the ActiveX Add-in is hooking into.
Use Task Manager to check if a new process begins when connecting to the SQL Server.
If there is then place this executable in the [NoBBTApps] section of the WRUN.INI file.
- New process that appears is called 'sample.exe'
- In the WRUN.INI file under the [NoBBTApps] section insert the following:
- Save and close WRUN.INI file
- Start WinRunner with ActiveX Add-in