Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

how to learn all objects of a window (web )

Hi All,
    I am trying to learn all objects of the frame/window testing my web application. Can i know if this can be done.if so how?
    Learning in thro Rapid Test Wizard works for client/server appl'n but is not available for web.
    I am able to learn individual objects but i want to learn all the objects of a window at one time.
    thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: how to learn all objects of a window (web )

What about doubleclicking on the title bar using the GUI map editor
    I havent tested on web applications in this way.And this could also cause to read all objects inthe window

------------------

[This message has been edited by anoopt (edited 05-03-2002).]
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    Doubleclicking on the titlebar just learns the main frames/windows and NOT the objects with in the frame/window.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anoopt:
    What about doubleclicking on the title bar using the GUI map editor
    I havent tested on web applications in this way.And this could also cause to read all objects inthe window

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Tried even that but does not work
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jgottlieb:
    Click the Learn button in the GUI Map editor.

Point to a place on the web page that is not an object (watch out for tables).

You'll get a dialog box asking if you want to learn it all. Say no if you want just the window.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Click the Learn button in the GUI Map editor.

Point to a place on the web page that is not an object (watch out for tables).

You'll get a dialog box asking if you want to learn it all. Say no if you want just the window.

------------------
    WinAmp. Llama Tested. Mother Approved.
    Jordan Gottlieb - Keeper of the QA Forums FAQ
    Qualitech Solutions, Inc.
    jgottlieb@qualitechsolutions.com
    Jordan Gottlieb
    Senior Consultant, Orasi Software
    Twitter: @JG_QA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Check out this...it works fine in my case...tried it with www.yahoo.com

1) Open the page, from where u wanna capture all the links.
    2) In WinRunner, Open Tools->GUI Map Editor.
    3) Click on LEARN button and then click on the empty space on ur page, where it shows all links. (NOTE: don't click on window title, toolbar etc.)
    4) It asks - Currently pointing at a window, wanna learn all objects within the window ?
    5) Say "YES", it captures all links.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TO be honest...if someone does have an answer for this I'd appreciate it too because from my experience you have to learn the objects as they belong to each individual frame on the web page, and we all know web pages are rarely ever one frame...the suggestions out there won't work because of this but if anyone has the trick...let us know.

------------------
    www.turbotester.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Does anyone has a solution? I am having web page and I am not able to learn about the objects within the frames. All my clicks are recorded as
    'win_mouse_click ("html_frame_3", 543, 369);'

And above seems to be based on coordinates values (correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.. still learning WR)
    So how could I learn about my input text field or push buttons or radio buttons. I think this issue is general to all so if we could have solution to it in this forum... will do good for all. I myself have tried out ways to get to it but no result.... so I feel that guys like me are many who will look forward to such solution.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LRWRnovice:
    Does anyone has a solution? I am having web page and I am not able to learn about the objects within the frames. All my clicks are recorded as
    'win_mouse_click ("html_frame_3", 543, 369);'

And above seems to be based on coordinates values (correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.. still learning WR)
    So how could I learn about my input text field or push buttons or radio buttons. I think this issue is general to all so if we could have solution to it in this forum... will do good for all. I myself have tried out ways to get to it but no result.... so I feel that guys like me are many who will look forward to such solution.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got a patch from mercury and everything is smooth & shooop...shooop.....shooop..... Just wanted to let know

Click on scroll bar and one can learn all about objects without clicking individually on each frame. was using 7.01 and IE 6.0 with patch things are OK.

------------------