Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Navigation problem in winrunner

We are writing winrunner scripts to Automate our client(web based).

We have 2 frames for navigation Geography and Product. When i record navigation using winrunner for only one window and replay the scripts, it does work. However when i record navigation for both the windows and try running it, in the report it gives a message "Object is not found".

Can anyone please help.

Thanks
    Ganesh

------------------

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Navigation problem in winrunner

Hi,
    Did you add your pages in the GUI Map..? or did you give logical name correctly??

------------------
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Donít hesitate to initiate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi

The object is very much there in the GUI map, still it gives the error. It's a very basic thing i am doing...recording and rerunning. Winrunner is also learning the objects, as i can see them in the GUI map.
    And as i told if i record navigation for only one window and run...it works, the problem is only when i record for both the hierarchy windows.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. There are two windows Geography and product, you can navigate in either or both dimensions.

Regards
    Ganesh

------------------

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ganesh_nay:
    However when i record navigation for both the windows and try running it, in the report it gives a message "Object is not found".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I got this message when 2 objects met the description of the object in a GUI Map. I modified the object description to get rid off this error. I had to use different regular expression to make it more specific.

------------------
    Yury
    (yurym {at} hotmail [dot] com)
    Yury
    Testing, Performance Testing, Performance Engineering

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Such problems definitely due to the problem that regular expressions are not unique. Try to use unique regular expressions such as width,x,y, etc.It worrks for me.

------------------