| || |
Problems with a document name
As part of my test, WinRunner presses a button that creates a word 2000 document. I need to either
a) Verify that the document window has opened
b) Verify the text in the document
However, the name of the document changes each time the button is pressed - I think it iterates in the sequence 1, 2, 3... but I am not 100% sure at this time.
Is there anyway I can get WinRunner to check for the presence of the Word 2000 window that can ignore the name of the document?
I tried looking for an option in Word that would turn off the document name in the title bar, but I found nothing (from filea.doc - Word Document to Word Document).
Hope you can help!
Re: Problems with a document name
Typically, you can accomplish this by modifying the definition of the Word window via the GUI Map Editor:
1. Change the Logical Name of the window ("Microsoft Word" instead of "Document 1 - Microsoft Word").
2. Change the label to a regular expression: "!.* - Microsoft Word".
3. Change any references in your script to windows named "some_doc_name - Microsoft Word" to the logical name used in step 1 above, such as when using <code>win_exists("Micrsoft Word")</code>
[This message has been edited by Charles Reace (edited 11-01-2001).]
[i]...Sound trumpets! Every trumpet in the host! / Sixty thousand, on these words, sound, so high the mountains sound, and the valleys resound.</i] (The Song of Roland)