RapidTest Script Wizard

Well, I've heard a lot about the RapidTest Script Wizard. The terminal emulator documentation is suggesting that I use it. The only problem I am having is that I cannot find it. The WinRunner help files explain a lot about it, expect where it is located. Does this come with WinRunner 7.0 or the Terminal Emulator addon? Where is it? Maybe I just need to uninstall/reinstall.

Re: RapidTest Script Wizard

I've found that if I had the web-test add in selected the Rapid Test Wizard is not available. Hopefully this is of some help.

Re: RapidTest Script Wizard

AFAIK, the RapidTest Wizard only work for very standard client/server style apps and will not work in Web environments etc.

I think this is because it relies on a 'lowest common denominator' approach to work in an automated fashion.

All objects must be implemented using standard classes so the Wizard can 'walk' thru the AUT learning windows into the GUI Map and then automatically write appropriate tests.

Clearly there is little room for manual rework to deal with custom objects in this scenario.

As a follow-on question: has anyone used the Wizard successfully in the real-world and, if so, in what type of environment?