edit GUI problem-******
I have here a unique problems, that is when I record an edit field, the GUI map is correctly updated with the identified edit object, but on running the script or pressing 'Show' button, it says 'Object not found' or 'Cannot highlight object not found'.
I have tried re-recording but no improvements.
Re: edit GUI problem-******
Something is changing in your app between design-time (when you "learn" the edit object into your GUI Map) and run-time (when your script tries to locate the edit object based on its description in the GUI Map).
The "something" which is changing could be one of a number of things...which are not possible to diagnose precisely across the Internet.
For example, the window containing the edit control may have changed (typically the caption, but possibly other req'd elements), the edit control itself could have changed etc...
Try stepping through your script and checking to see whether the edit control is still found after each line of code executed - when it is no longer found, you will then need to pinpoint what has just changed in your app.
An solid understanding of how the GUI Map works will be required, so read up if you're not sure!
Hope this helps,