Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Pl. Explain db checkpoints

Hi,

I have gone through the manuals and i have practised the dbcheckpoints for n number of times. Still i have doubts in that.

Pl. clarify the same.

Queries:

1) Editing the expected value of a property is the only difference between default check and custom check?

2) What do you mean by Actual data and Expected data? Why i am asking this question is when i try to check the db of our application during recording i have added one record in the table and have played back the script, in the actual data pane the newly added record is found but in the expected data pane it is not available.

3) Could you please explain the dbcheckpoints with one simple example with all significant diffrences between two methods(default and custom).

Regards,
    R.Deiva

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Pl. Explain db checkpoints

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deivasigamani:
    Hi,

I have gone through the manuals and i have practised the dbcheckpoints for n number of times. Still i have doubts in that.

Pl. clarify the same.

Queries:

1) Editing the expected value of a property is the only difference between default check and custom check?

ATUL ==> Default check will include standard property check and for Custom you can have the facility to choose the different property checks.

2) What do you mean by Actual data and Expected data? Why i am asking this question is when i try to check the db of our application during recording i have added one record in the table and have played back the script, in the actual data pane the newly added record is found but in the expected data pane it is not available.

ATUL==> DB check point takes the snap shop of the database and will show you in it's editor
    Expected data means DB check point will expect that data after it wil fire that check point on the database.

Actual data means the snapshot of the database.

You must include that data into expected data field. Also you must take care of deleting that test data at the end of a script so that when you run the same script second time ther will not be integrity mismatch errors at database level and you can get correct results from DB check points.
    If not try using ddt_ statements and fire query from winrunner itself using ODBC bridge.

3) Could you please explain the dbcheckpoints with one simple example with all significant diffrences between two methods(default and custom).

Regards,
    R.Deiva

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>