Why the action of Copy (I mean Enable/Disable)., under Gui Map Editor is not similar to the action (E/D) of other items like Modify., Add etc., ?
I couldnít find Copy Enable., when I try to copy the GUI Items., is there any specific situation/settings to be done, where itís action (E/D) will be similar to other items, as I succeeded with it (mean Copy of Gui Items) in some of the cases., which is possible only with the Copy action being Enable., but not allowing me to repeat the similar kind of process for other testcases, when I need to Copy the Gui Items.
Thanks for the comment(s)/suggestion(s) !
If you want the copy functionality to be enabled, then follow these steps.
1) Start WinRunner fresh with no loaded GUI Maps
2) Open the GUI Map Editor and ensure no loaded GUI Maps
3) Select View --> GUI Files (if not already checked. allows you to see many gui maps)
4) Select File--> Open
5) Navigate to a GUI file
6) Select the GUI file
7) BEFORE clicking OPEN, select the radio toggle 'open for editing only'
8) Then Click Open
9) Now load a second GUI Map in the same manner. YOu can now copy GUI objects all day long between the two maps.
10) Before exiting save any changes
11) After saving, close the GUI Maps and reload. You will now have a working GUI map.
Remember GUI Maps are just files so you can make copies via the filesystem.
If you don't want to follow the above steps you could use 'MOVE' and just not save the gui map you moved the object out of.
Version control / backup GUI Maps OFTEN. WinRunner does not protect them and other users could overwrite your changes accidently.
GUI Files under the View Option is marked as checked., So i couldn't proceed further., Any more suggestion.,on this.