Dundas Grid, scrollbars in ListView
Has anyone used Dundas grid?
Please let me know if it is possible to recognize all attributes of dunds grid.
Winrunner does not seem to recognize Scrolbars in the Listview.Please let me know
if it is possible.
Re: Dundas Grid, scrollbars in ListView
If you have support to Mercury's website, logon and search the knowledge base for listboxes. They have one solution that I have used in the past. In essence it follows the following algorithm.
1) do a get text on the listbox only
2) split the output variable by linefeeds
3) search the array for the desired item and if found, note the line number of the item.
4) Continue searching by pressing page down and repeating step 3 until item found or we reach the bottom of the listbox. (We know we are at the bottom when we see an item repeated twice.)
5) After we find the item we are looking for, we can then use the down arrow key to go down how many lines the object is.
6) Press the enter key to select the item.
I have found this to work in all environments except for Java. Most Java applications don't support keyboard navigation. Mercurys solution is a little less context sensitive and more analog, but it works similarly.
Here is the summary from Mercury's solution:
The script in the example below can be used on any Windows listbox that
WinRunner can perform its text recognition capabilities on. This function
"lb_select_text()" uses text recognition to scroll a list and select an item
if it is found. Depending on the parameters specified, it will either single
click or double click on the list item.
Copy and paste the example below into a new WinRunner test. Open the
header using the "File->Header" menu selection, and select the 'compiled
module' option. Save the test as c:\wrun\lib\lbsel_tr.
Before you call the function lb_select_text(), make sure you have animated
the TSL statement ... load("c:\\wrun\\lib\\lbsel_tr");