Mercury Screen Recorder
Mercury Screen Recorder:
Mercury Screen Recorder enables you to capture movies of what is displayed on your screen. It integrates with Quality Center to create defects with attached screen recordings that illustrate the problem.
About Mercury Screen Recorder:
There are two separate applications included in a Mercury Screen Recorder installation: the recorder and the player.
The recorder application records what happens on your windows desktop and saves this as a movie file. It can also record a spoken commentary, if you have a microphone connected to your PC.
The player application plays back movie files created by the Recorder, to display a recreation of what was seen during recording.
The player is also used to edit, annotate and export your movies to other file formats.
How to get started:
Quality Center client
Being able to connect and authenticate to Quality Center server.
"Defect License" on Quality Center Server (Mercury Screen Recorder will use one 'Defect' licence on the
connected Quality Center server while running)
Once these requirements are met, you are ready to use Mercury Screen Recorder:
You can record a movie using Mercury Screen Recorder.
Once you have recorded a movie you can view and edit it using the Mercury Screen Player.
When you want to send the movie to other PC users, the Player gives you the option of exporting it into a number of file formats.
Mercury Screen Recorder enables you to create a defect in Quality Center with a movie of the problem automatically attached.
Steps to Install Mercury Screen Recorder:
1) Open http://qualitycenter:8080/qcbin/start_a.htm
2) Click on "Add-ins" link.
3) Click on "More Mercury Quality Center Add-ins" link.
4) Click on "Mercury Screen Recorder Add-in" under section "Others".
5) Mercury Screen Recorder add-in page will be opened.
6) Click on "Download Add-in" link.
7) Either "Save" it on your machine or click on "Run".
8) Again click on "Run" on security warning window.
9) Mercury Screen Recorder is installed on your machine.
10) Check Start--> All program --> Quality Center 9.0 --> Mercury Screen Recorder.
Advantages of Mercury Screen Recorder:
1) Steps to reproduce a defect can be recorder by a tester.
2) The movie can be attached to a defect in Quality Center.
3) It makes the job of developer / designer to see the movie and reproduce the defects.
Re: Mercury Screen Recorder
Are there any best practices surrounding capacity when using this Add-In. Should I budget more file server space or database space? How much
Re: Mercury Screen Recorder
Usually, the space required is very minimum. It toally depends on what and how much you are recording. In whatever I have used it has not took more than 2MB of space for 1 movie.
It totally depends on the length of the movie recorded by you.
Also, if you want to compress it, there is a option in the recorder to compress it and also you cansave it with different formats like exe, ppt, flas, etc.
I hope this helps.