we have to install the TestDirector on new server because of a server migration. On the server is installed windows 2003 server standard, sql server 2000, IE7 und IIS V6.0.
By the installation we will get following error - "Unknown
username or password". We start the setup.exe with the
Administrator account with all rights. Has somebody a solution for this problem???
[ QUOTE ]
Has somebody a solution for this problem???
[/ QUOTE ]
Recover your username and password? Seems logical.
What step are you encountering this error?
If you are migrating servers, does this include the database server, or are you connecting to an existing database server? Have you verified the user/pass for that server is correct? Are you moving your file share repository? Have you verified that you have connected from the main server to this share successfully prior to running the install?
There are a couple of points where username and passwords are required- not knowing which exact point you are encountering the error message at is a hurdle to properly suggesting a direction for resolution.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
The whole database is on the server where we want to install the TestDirector 8.0. We get the error after we have selected MS-SQL Server and we have created the databasealias. At the next screen (TestDirector Service)
we have to fill in the user and password. There we will get the error.
This is because Microsoft has introduced DEP (Data Execution Prevention) policy as a security feature to prevent unsecured programs to execute code.
1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
3. On the Data Execution Prevention tab, use one of the following procedures:
• Click Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy.
• Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.