Guys I need help. I had datbases as a back up (in MS Access) for different projects at a different system which was being used for Test director. Now i want to use them in Test Director innstalled at a different system. I have restored the database through Site Administrator area. But when I select that project at TD's home page and provide username and password and press submit, it shows the followin error:
are you using the same version of Test Director now that you used when you backed up the project to MS Access?
If not, you will have to go into the Site Admin application area of TD and upgrade the database to work with the new version, but you should have been prompted to do this when you first made the project active after restoring it to the system.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
In case you can't get there, here is what Mercury has for the sequence value' error issue:
[ QUOTE ]
Solution: Clear the read-only option in the file properties of the Testdir.mdb file
1. Open the Site Administrator.
2. Log in.
3. In the Project tab, navigate to the project.
4. Note the location of the Project Directory.
5. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the directory noted in Step 4.
6. Right-click on the Testdir.mdb file in the project folder and select "Properties."
7. Clear the "Read-only" option.
You should now be able to log into the project.
[/ QUOTE ]
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
~ Winston Churchill ~