Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Test director installation on XP Home edition

Hi,
    I am trying to install Test Director on Windows XP Home edition.with some changes I am able to install Test Director on XP home edition.It is installed, but When I am opening TestDirector,I am getting RPC is not available.I dont know to sole this problem.Please if any body know the solution please give the reply.
    Thatiper

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Test director installation on XP Home edition

Two things:
    What version of TD?
    What Service Packs have been installed?

That having been said, other threads within QAForums indicate that TD really needs a server operating system (think XP Pro or 2003) in order to run successfully and that XP Home does not fall into that category.

What you really need to do is look at the software/hardware requirements that your version of TD needs, and then ensure that you have the necessary software/hardware.

And, while I'm on a roll, there are two other resources that you may be able to leverage:
    TDForums
    Mercury Support
    Jason Trebilcock

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

-George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright and Nobel Prize winner, 1856-1950

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Are you by chance using XP Pro SP2? If so check out the links from this Mercury Support Knowledge Base issue: Problem ID: 39531
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I believe that TestDirector does not support Windows XP Home or Professional Editions as the server platform. However, it runs on Windows 2000 Professional with no problems.

There is a Quality Center Starter Edition, that runs on Windows XP as the server platform. It has several limitations, but it works out of the box on XP.

Regards,
    Clemens

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Clemens

I would like to disagree with you regarding XP and Test Director. XP professional works fine with Test Director but you have no chance with XP home as you need IIS which Home does not have.

regards

Chris