Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Need summary of passed/failed TC\'s

Hi all,
    I have been using TD for some time.but amnot able to get the summary of passed and failed test cases from the UI.Is there any method available to retrieve this.

Can we write our own query for this in the database.If so how???

It would be great if somebody could help me out in this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Need summary of passed/failed TC\'s

The schema of the TestDirector database is documented in the Open Test Architecture Guide (Section 4, TestDirector Project Data Structure). All you need to be able to run your own queries is a login to the database server and a tool for running queries against the database for the project you are working on. If you want to query multiple projects, you need a login to every database that sits behind every project.

To find out what the databases are, you can use the Site Administrator interface of TestDirector.

What tools you need depends on the database you are using. Access using a pass-through query works for me.

When you are getting a login, it may be worth checking if you can get a read-only account so that you don't end up modifying something by mistake.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Florian,
    Thx for the reply.I would try this.
    we are using sybase as of now.let me check up the tools for sybase and the schema of TD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Depending on what you mean by a summary of pass/fail test cases, I'm not sure delving into the database is needed.
    For summary metrics, the reports and graphs in Test Lab tab can be set up to report summary information and metrics without much trouble at all. These can be filtered for specific characteristics, grouped as desired, etc.
    Even something like the "Current Test Set Report" gives you status and some of the detail. That can be exported to HTML or TXT for manipulation as needed.
    Secondarily, the Document Generator tool gives good flexibility in generating such documents.
    If you could be more specific about what you need for a summary, that might be helpful in coming to an easy solution.
    Resistance is futile.

SuperK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ok,
    say i have a set of requirements and have set of test cases underneath each requirement.

I can have a report/graph printed out.But i need a summary for the report which would give me the number of test cases under each area and number of test cases passed/failed in each area.

This can be achieved in the graphs but i cudnt get this info in the reports as there are no UI attributes supporting this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The coverage report shows Pass/Fail test status for each requirement.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of seeing the # test cases passed or failed for a particular requirement. If all test cases pass, the requirement is set to Passed. If one of them fails, the requirement is set to Failed.

Certainly, you can use OTA to extract the data you are looking for from the database directly, but make sure it's a good use of your time and gives you the value expected.
    Resistance is futile.

SuperK