Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Excel export plugin - maps

I installed the plugin, did the initial setup in excel and started goin through the creating of the map part, i chose the new map and gave it a name, the requirements exported fine to TD-QC.

Next time I came back and wanted to use the map, it was not there, so I recreated it in the same way expecting it to be there when I needed to use it the next time. No such luck [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Am I doing something wrong?

QC-TD version - 8.2 SP1
    Plugin - 8.5.1.116
    with Office 2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Excel export plugin - maps

Not that I know of. You might consider writing a macro that will offer you the map of your choice, as the mapping will change somwhat.
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I use the same template to load the same 9 columns.

Only thing that ever changes is the data in those 9 columns

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by ravana:
    I installed the plugin, did the initial setup in excel and started goin through the creating of the map part, i chose the new map and gave it a name, the requirements exported fine to TD-QC.

Next time I came back and wanted to use the map, it was not there, so I recreated it in the same way expecting it to be there when I needed to use it the next time. No such luck [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Am I doing something wrong?

QC-TD version - 8.2 SP1
    Plugin - 8.5.1.116
    with Office 2000
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">- Had a similiar problem with TD 7.6 - Turned out that the directory the map was being written to on my computer was write protected - giving the whole directory read/write access solved the problem. Map files in 7.6 are stored in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\TDAddin\Tasks with a .tst extension for tests - so check it out see if it works for you.

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

OK,

I looked and what you said is true, I changed it but no luck.

There is one difference though.

My TDExcelAddin.xla and TDAddin folders are in C:\Program Files\Office 2000\Office\XLStart

and there is no tasks folder.

I tried changing the permissions (gave them full control) on the folder you recommended and the above folder and nothing seems to happen.