Want to add lines of code through Script Editor in Manual Test runner

hi one and all,

Would like to know which function should i use for adding a code for Manual test Runner so that
    whenever the step execution status field changes to failed it should automatically open add defect window ?
    i am not getting the which field and fieldname should i use for it?
    i tried it with manual test runner fieldchange.
    Is anybody having the complete reference manual for using the script editor for td 8.0 ?
    please forward it to manasimv3@yahoo.co.in
    it will really help me a lot.
    i will be very grateful to all of u

Bordeaux, France

Re: Want to add lines of code through Script Editor in Manual Test runner

You'd use the ManualRun_Step_FieldCanChange function, as follows:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Function ManualRun_Step_FieldCanChange(FieldName, NewValue)
    On Error Resume Next
    If FieldName = &quot;ST_STATUS&quot; Then
    If NewValue = &quot;Failed&quot; Then
    End If
    End If
    ManualRun_Step_FieldCanChange = True
    On Error GoTo 0
    End Function</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">For some reason, the Step_Fields.Field("ST_STATUS").Value is "No Run" in ManualRun_Step_FieldChange. Could be a bug in TD.

There is no "official" reference manual for the script editor, apart from a section in the Administration Guide. I use DebugView, from sysinternals.com, to see which workflow functions are called (including parameters and global objects) and when they are called. I happens that Mercury engineers left some debug trace in the released code [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

HTH. Christian