Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Access to information

I know how this post is going to sound, but please hear me out:

I am currently working in a very large organisation which contains many internal divisions.

We have numerous liscenses for virtually every major testing tool, including TestDirector. As such, I am able to freely use whichever tool suits my current project.

I am using TestDirector and need to get some more detailed information regarding using the API. I have already searched here etc and found some excellent references to Knowledge Base articles.

Thats the problem. The "single point of contact" rule here means that ONE person that I ahve never met, retains the login details for our account. I have tried to find this person for 2 weeks now with little success.

Note that I am not asking for some cheat way to get access because I am not into breaking liscensing rules.

What I would really like is to find some other source for this information. I could post questions here obviously, but most of the things I need to know I could look up myself if I could find the right resource.

Nay ideas? Or am I stuffed?
    "Not every solution was derived to address an obvious problem" - Me (quite recently indeed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Access to information

Just go onto the Mercury support site and register in the TestDirector forum with the MPN that is available from your TD screen under "HELP" ---> "About TestDirector"
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for that!

I am yet to find out whether it will be allowed however, since I would have thought taht the maintenance numbers could only be used in a one - to - one relationship. If someone else (like the main point of contact) is registered, will that mean that mine is rejected?
    "Not every solution was derived to address an obvious problem" - Me (quite recently indeed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It appears that it has already been accepted so I guess the question has answered itself.

cheers!