I've got TD 8.0 set up with about 30 users in the database. 4 of these users keep getting deleted from the project that is set up. The result of this is that when the user logs in they see a message "User does not exist in this project". Several times a day I have to go in and add the users back into the project. I've checked to see if a database back up may have done this, but there wasn't any in the timeframe that this happened in. Has anyone else seen this and know what to do to solve it?
The first thing I would do is open the Site Administrator, open the project and check the "USERS" table to see if the users have been added correctly. Are these users added from the Site Administrator or keyed in from the project customization page?
The users are listed correctly in the ADMIN area, they just keep getting disassociated with the project. I don't have to keep adding the users. Their names and passwords are kept in tact. It is only the project that they are members of that keep getting reset.
"If this does happen the solution is to delete the original user from the project administrator, add him again.. Then he magically appears in the project again. But the user still can't log on until he is deleted again from the project and added a second time."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Maybe this will help. It's worth a try. If you can't figure it out in a few days I would suggest you contact Mercury Support. They will solve it for you.