Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Access Denied error in TD when running remote scripts from winrunner

I am attempting to run a number of winrunner scripts remotely using Test Director. This works fine on most of the pc's I am using however 4 of the pc's bring up the error message 'Access Denied' The scripts can be run locally from Test Director and the general options have been set to allow Test Director to run tests remotely.
    The 4 pc's also have Quick Test Pro installed. Does anybody know if this would cause a conflict or do they know of any other explanation?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Access Denied error in TD when running remote scripts from winrunner

Maybe this is a privelge issue related to your windows' user account on the various PCs? I believe I had the same issue with running QTP scripts remotly via TD as well. Let me think about it, maybe I will remember the solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have this problem as well. In my case it is happening on clients where the OS is XP with SP2. The scripts can be run locally thru Test Director. When I have the SP2's firewall enabled, I get an "RPC is currently unavailable" error. When I turn off the firewall, I get "Access is denied". Test Director is on a different domain, but on the same network. Anyone have any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I had a similar error when running our software on XP SP2. What it turned out to be is that Microsoft seems to of put clamps on the 2-4GB space limit. So if the software tries to use
    an address space within the 2-4GB limit. You will get the Access Denied Error
    You should contact the Software Vendor to see if they have addressed this issue for XP SP2.

Hope this helps

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Access Denied error in TD when running remote

- First off we are running v.7.6 of Test Director and WinRunner. With newer versions of this software these changes may not be necessary -

I have found that for clients running WinRunner on WinXP SP2 machines you need to disable the Windows firewall (Start > Run > firewall.cpl etc.) and then change a DCOM security setting by (Start > Run > dcomcnfg etc.). Here's a link with the exact change to make to the DCOM security:

http://www.softwaretoolbox.com/xpsp2...comlimits.html

It looks like you really only need to make the first change to grant "Access Permission" for "ANONYMOUS LOGON" to "Remote Access" http://www.softwaretoolbox.com/xpsp2...ermissions.jpg

I ended up not changing the "Launch Permission" settings at all on our WinRunner machines because it wasn't necessary.

Good Luck! Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have the same problem "Access is denied"!

have done:

1)DCOM access OK
    2)Firewall off
    3)Install all clients for QC
    4)Access remoute run to all *.exe in folder "Quality Center Clien Side"
    5)try on 7 pc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What version of QC and Winrunner are you using? I had a similar issue after upgrading QC to 9.x. The solution was to add the following to the Site Configuration page in the site admin:

BACKWARD_SUPPORT_ALL_DOMAINS_PROJECTS
    Value = Y