Just installed MercuryInteractive TestDirector V8.0 on our WAN (completely separate from our Test Network). It had been installed on the Test Network, but was moved so more people would have access. The version in the Test Lab was 7.6 and worked quite well. V8.0 seems to have some problems. Also there are some suggestions from the BA's that I would like to be able to
Hopefully someone here can help me out:
1) Can I import defects into TD from some other source (e.g. Excel Spreadsheet). I've done the import of Test Cases and Requirements using the Word and Excel Add-Ins, but have not seen anything with respect to Defects. Is there a way to do this?
2) Can the Word templates for the generated documents be changed? We have a standard format that must be followed and would like to be able to adjust the template that TD has to more closely match our standard.
3) There appears to be something wrong with the report field order in the defects section (Analysis, Reports). It would appear that the order specified in customization is not being followed. The resultant report is
in alpha order by mandatory fields and then in alpha order by non-mandatory. Definitely not the order I specified in the report.
4) In drop down lists (either custom fields or TD fields) can I specify a default value? For example, if all requirements should be entered as "Not Reviewed" can I set Not Reviewed as the default so the user does not have to
click and select it each time?
5) Can I update the status of multiple rows at one time? For example, I run some scripts in the test lab and want to back to my desk (the WAN) and mark all the tests I have run to Passed. Can I select multiple rows and update the status of all of them at the same time?
Any help you can provide either through this forum or via direct email would be appreciated.
Test Manager, DHRIM
de facto TD Administrator
1) Not as far as I know. Have never tried it.
2) Click on the Purple Tools button and choose Document Generator. In this option you can set your Document Settings, Options and Logo. For more information go to Help and click on "D" and go down to Document Generator.
3) More information. Is the existing default reports or was it a report created by yourself?
4) Go to your workflow. In the case of Requirements. It will be Req_Fields.Field("Systemfield/Userfield"*).Value = "Value specified in list". This must be entererd in Requirements_Req_New.Note: *= This is the field name as found in the "Customize project Entities"