Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Running test set remotely on a nightly schedule

I need help because I am unable to determine what is going on. I have a testSet within TD 7.6, where a scheduled task actually kicks an automated test set off nightly at 3am. The scheduled task does work and I know this because when I run the scheduled task, it runs the TestSet and launches QuickTestPro which proceeds to run and report just fine. However, when I come in in the morning's and check the results, TD will either show the test set incomplete or not even run (will still show results from prior day). So I was wondering if when the computer (client) goes to sleep or gets locked after a period of idling, would this cause TD to not be able to run? The clients do take a moment to wake - so I was thinking this may be the issue. But that seems silly because QuickTest should be able to run in the background.
    When I'm in and run the Scheduled Task it works great. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Running test set remotely on a nightly schedule

GUI tests may fail when your screensaver is on or your computer is locked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is there any way around this? Due to the length of these tests and their single threadedness when running through TD, we need them to run through the night; moreover, this way we have the results of the software early am. I am certain others have experienced this and maybe found a way to combat this issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As far as i know, you have to disable screensaver and locking. I haven't found anything useful in Mercury knowledgebase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for your help, zelm. I think this is going to work now. I didn't realize all the setup options for hibernation, standby mode, etc. that were messing me up terribly. I've disabled those and got it working on one of my hosts.
    Thanks again,
    Kim