Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to run a script from test director

I've been working with both winrunner and test director for some time. if i generate scripts from the test cases in test director i get only the tl_step statements in the script screen and if i click launch winrunner it automatically takes these scripts and runs the script. but tht is of no use.. it executes only the tl_Step statements rest of the statements is full of comments exists.

can any one help me how to create proper test script from the test cases and run it in the winrunner.
    regards,
    Prakash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to run a script from test director

I am not sure exactly what you mean, but when you generate the script from the test case in Test Director, it basically is only providing you a skeleton script at best. You can use the comments to know where to insert your code. From there, you need to do some code writing of your own to add check statements and other functionality. Some recording of your actions can also be useful, but you will again need to modify and add statements to verify what you are doing. Since I write manual cases before I automate, they rarely or never use names that match objects in my GUI map. Think of the test director generated script as an outline, and then start learning to code in WR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to run a script from test director

Hi,
    As suggested by bmcclint1, after you write manual test steps in your project test plan. Automate your test using WR, connect WR to TD where you need to know TD server path, the project name and password. Connected save your WR test to your TD test plan, then you can copy the test steps from the manual test to WR saved test.
    The ultimate challenge to humanity is to resolve the appearant conflict between individual needs for absolute freedom and society for social justice