conn TD from WR
I am facing problem connecting TD from WR.
When I try to connect using WR, I give the TD server name with proj name and user/password. This connects successfully. When I press close button of that connection window. It gives error as "unhandled exception from winit excep - EXCESS_ACCESS_ VOILATION. Pls see the screen shot attached.
If you click ok to that error message WR closes abruptly.
Awaiting a solution
Re: conn TD from WR
A work around for this issue is to put the Temporary Internet Files into a root directory. This needs to be done for each TestDirector Client machine having the issue.
Change the folder to any path other than original path; make it a short path.
In Windows 2000 -- "Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Temporary Internet Files\ "
In Windows NT -- "WinNT\profiles\[user name]\Temporary Internet Files\ "
1. In Windows Explorer, create a folder in the root directory called "InternetTemp" or something similar. (Or simply use your Temp folder)
2. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options.
3. In the General tab and Temporary Internet Files section, click on the "Delete Files" button, then the "Settings" button.
4. In the Settings window, click on the "Move Folder" button.
5. Navigate to the C:\InternetTemp folder that was created in Step 1, and click <OK>.
6. Close Internet Explorer and restart it again. Now the Temporary Internet Files will be stored in the newly created InternetTemp folder.
7. Log into TestDirector.
8. Try running the WinRunner test again; it should go through without problem.
An alternative method is to change just the path to the cache folder for TestDirector 7.x. This is also done on each TestDirector Client machine.
1. In Windows Explorer, create a folder in the root directory called "TDITemp" or something similar.
2. Go to Start -> Run, type in "regedit" (without quotes) and click <OK> to open the registry editor.
3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MercuryInterActive\OTA \CacheFolder.
4. Double-click on CacheFolder and change the Value data to the newly created temp folder. Do not place a backslash ("\") at the end of the path. It should look like "C:\TDITemp."
5. Click <OK>.
6. Close Internet Explorer and restart it again, log into TestDirector.
This will not change location for the Temporary Internet Files for other applications other than TestDirector 7.x.