Upgrading 7.2 project to a 7.5 project
I have an operational 7.2 db(access) and an operational 7.5 db (access).
I need to move and upgrade 1 project from the 7.2db (access) to a 7.5 db(access). the databases are on different servers. What steps do I need to take to get this project into the 7.5 db.
Re: Upgrading 7.2 project to a 7.5 project
1. in case you have an Access Project and want to move it to another server, just copy the complete project directory (the access DB is in the same directory)
2. open 'TestDirector Restore Project Access' utility from TestDirector
3. in the 'Restore from' list select the dbid.ini file from the TD7.2 project you want to upgrade to TD7.5
4. select the Project within the 'Available Projects' list and click on the 'Restore' button
5. open the 'Site Administrator' utility from TestDirector
6. select the Project that you have restored to TD7.5 and click on the 'Upgrade' button in the toolbar of 'Site Administrator' (you need to Deactivate the project to upgrade it)