Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Recover deleted information from test director

Hi,
    I was wondering if there is a way you can recover deleted test scripts from Test Director.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Recover deleted information from test director

Not really, but there are a few things you can try. If there were users actively working on those tests (which you would assume is the case if something got deleted), check on their local machine at C:/TD_72/Project@@@@Folder/../... and a copy of the script should be there (assuming you are referring to automated scripts).

When you open a test script in TD, it actually downloads a copy of the script to your local drive at the above (basic and truncated) directory. When you click 'save', changes are uploaded. So, theoretically, anyone working on the test who wasn't the person that deleted it should still have a copy locally.

If you are referring to manual scripts, there is no way that I know of.

------------------
    ** To affect the Quality of the day, that is the highest of arts ** H.D. Thoreau

~ Annemarie Martin ~
    annemarie[dot]martin2[at]verizon[dot]net
    Annemarie Martin
    Secretary
    Association for Software Testing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is the version control feature of TD that I've heard about then only for automated test scripts, and not manual test scripts?

I'd really like it if I could version control all the test scripts- manual or automated.

------------------
    QUALITY . . . is like buying oats.
    If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price.
    However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse. . .
    that comes a little cheaper.
    QUALITY . . . is like buying oats. If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price.
    However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse . . . that comes a little cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I think the only way is to restore the underlying database if you have made a backup.

Udo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

To be honest, aquinas, I'm not sure - you would think that the integration should cover manual cases as well, but I believe the focus is on the automated scripts in demos I've seen of the integration.

It's also a bit easier to keep track of the manual cases through TD's History feature than automated, because of the ability to connect to TD through the scripting tool as opposed to the UI.

------------------
    ** To affect the Quality of the day, that is the highest of arts ** H.D. Thoreau

~ Annemarie Martin ~
    annemarie[dot]martin2[at]verizon[dot]net
    Annemarie Martin
    Secretary
    Association for Software Testing