Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How do I set up boundary testing?

How do you display in the structure – folder view – boundary tests. For example I have the subject test1 folder. Do I put the negative test in it, or do I put a folder called boundary tests in the top node and put them in there. Or, have I missed the boat entirely?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How do I set up boundary testing?

You can create the tree structure however you'd like to...

Based on the examples you provide, you could set it up this way:

-- Test 1 Folder
    -- Boundary Tests Folder
    -- Functional Tests Folder
    -- Business Logic Tests Folder

Or, you can set it up as :

-- Test 1 Folder
    -- Positive Test Cases
    -- Negative Test Cases

Etc.

It all depends on what you're calling "Test 1 Folder". If "Test 1" is a modular functionality of the product, then you'd want to further divide the types of testing that will be included into separate folders. If "Test 1" is a Testing Type, such as "Boundary" or "Functional", then you'd probably still want subfolders included to define the modules.

Keep in mind that defects are related to your cases based on the folders created in the test plan tab, so I'd make it as granular as possible.

------------------
    ~ Annemarie Martin ~
    annemarie[dot]martin2[at]verizon[dot]net

Let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow and his orphan — to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations.
    Annemarie Martin
    Secretary
    Association for Software Testing