Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can TD email new bugs to a specific people/group based on who submitted the new bug?

The reason is that I want to moderate people so that if, for example, developers submit a bug, I want TD to email the bug to QA instead of Project manager. Otherwise, all new bugs are emailed to Project Manager.

How can I do this with TD7.2? Thanks for your help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can TD email new bugs to a specific people/group based on who submitted the new bug?

Yes, you can set the conditions on which e-mail is sent, and to whome. From the Main TD screen, click "Customize" then log on to the desired project with an administrative user id. On the left, click "Configure Mail". The "Fields" tab indicates mail should be sent on change of which fields (ie. status or assigned to). On the "Conditions" tab, select the user to receive the e-mail, then click the Conditions button. It then works much like setting other filters throughout TD. Apply these changes.

Also, at the web server (in 7.01 anyway, haven't upgraded to 7.2 yet) you must set the Time Interval for sending the mail.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can TD email new bugs to a specific people/group based on who submitted the new bug?

Thanks for your reply. I know I can choose whom emails are sent, and on what condition, but I am still not sure how to vary the recepient based on who submitted the bug while using the same conditions. I seems to me that it is not possible with TD.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Please ignore the above message. I noticed there was "Detected by" condition.

------------------