Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to port the Winrunner scritps in Test Dirrctor 7.0i

Hi All,

I am using WinRunner 7.0 for automation about 200 test cases. I have developed a Directory structure for storing different files required for whole test suite.

Now I am planning to use Test Director 7.0i for test case management.
    Since I am using some hardcoded directory paths in scripts , it is not possibile for me to chage the directory structure to port it into Test Director format.

Is there any way with that I can use my existing directory structure from Test Director7.0i

Thanks in advance.

Atul

------------------
    Atul Patil
    atulbpatil@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to port the Winrunner scritps in Test Dirrctor 7.0i

The short answer is 'no'.
    I to am using WR 7 and TD7. Once you start using TD to store your scripts, you have to use TD's own directory structure if you want to call other scripts or reference common files stored in TD.
    Although it is possible to *not* store your scripts within TD but instead store them on a computer's regular file system. This kinda defeats the advantages of using them together though.

I didn't have this problem because from the beginning I used TD and WR together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to port the Winrunner scritps in Test Dirrctor 7.0i

1. Get import WinRunner tests utility from CSO (contuct MIC support)

2. Change your script to use "subject" path instead of file system path. This is much more reliable and works on WAN network too.

------------------
    Alexei Ledenev
    Alexei Ledenev