Running some of the transactions of a sigle script
Hi Everyone, Here is my first post
1. What version of LoadRunner or PerformanceCenter are you using?
2. What is the protocol you are working with?
3. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using?
Virtu User Gen
4. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have - subscription, perpetual, Virtual User days, or evaluation?
4.1 If subscription, is subscription current or expired?Current
5. What platform(s) and Operating Systems? Include version and service packs.
6. If you have filed a service request with Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
I have a script which consists of multiple transactions. My client requirement is, we have to run some of the transactions in the script randomly.
For example- I am running this script for 50 users and this script has Transaction1, Transaction2, Transaction3 etc...
I have to design this script in a such a way that Transaction 3 and Transaction4 have to be skipped from execution randomly.
Is there any way to do this...Really appriciate your help on this.
Re: Running some of the transactions of a sigle sc
You are correct with regard to blocks for Actions versus Transactions. But, is there any reason why you can't move those transactions into separate blocks? I think that's what Mazztt was suggesting.
Another way you can do it (less elegent, more programming) is to define a parameter as a random value, say between 1 and 100. For example, say that you want to perform Transaction3 50% of the time. Wrap an if statement around transaction3 and test to see if the random value is <= 50, in which case execute transacton3, otherwise skip it. Blocks are much easier to work with, but I've used both approaches.
SoCalGal - Defender of end user response times!