Oracle Monitor Config window Disappears
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
HTTP/HTML , Web(Click and Script), Web Service
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
On LR Controller Box, I try to config oracle Monitor i was able to get those Config Windows first time, since I did not had Oracle client software on that box, now I installed Oracle Client 10.x and now I'm trying to open and config Oracle Monitor, the window is disappearing now
Select Start Menu--> Load Runner --> Adv Setting--> Monitor Config.
2) enter some name and select "Oracle" from the list. , then Ok.
3). then select + on right window, oracle, then whole window disappears, even I try to do same in LR controller Run view, noting is appearing. (it was before installing Oracle client)
***It was working fine before Installing Oracle Client on this Box .
pls let me know what's wrong here..any setting is missing/override by oracle client installation ??
thanks a lot
Re: Oracle Monitor Config window Disappears
This issue got solved,
FYI, this may be helpfull to some one /some time/
Since We installed Oracle Client 64 bit software and try to config the monitor from LoadRunner (which is 32 bit app). so
as we understated there is NO such 64bit Loadrunner software, we role back to 32bit Oracle client, and all works fine