| || |
Email \"emergency test\" with MAPI Exchange
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? LR 9.1
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
does not apply, MAPI is replay only
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
Evaluation - Proof-of-Concept
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems : Windows-XP, SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
I need to provide my customer with email load testing best practices using LoadRunner. They want to simulate a massive amount of emails as would happen in an emergency. The customer uses Exchange (MAPI) but of course, there are thousands of end users using various emailing systems (gmail, yahoo, Outlook, etc.). I already have the basics:
-list of MAPI functions
-basic sample scripts
What I need:
-real life experiences/best practices
-how to simulate an email emergency situation -how to simulate many to many emailing, 1 to many, etc.etc. - how is this done?
-Outlook needs to be connected to simulate MAPI - on Controller or LG? How does this effect concurrent emails (1000 Vusers?). Do we authenticate once, then just paramaterize different email profiles, or simulate from one authenticated account?
-what about 3rd party email systems using SMTP, POP3 - probably easier to do concurrent SMTP emailing if it is a) record/replay and b) no authentication or client connected/required for Exchange?
-what are all the components involved, and where are they installed?
Re: Email \"emergency test\" with MAPI Exchange
If you are working on an evaluation copy of LR, please contact HP or your VAR. They are incentivized to prove out LR's suitability for your application.