Perf testing of integrated Siebel-BizTalk App
1. What version of LoadRunner or PerformanceCenter are you using? LR 220.127.116.11
2. What is the protocol you are working with? Siebel-Web
3. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using? LR81FP003
4. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have - subscription, perpetual, Virtual User days, or evaluation?
4.1 If subscription, is subscription current or expired? perpetual
5. What platform(s) and Operating Systems? Include version and service packs. MS Windows 2000, SP4
6. If you have filed a service request with Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue? No
We are currently planning for a Performance Testing of an integrated Siebel application. The architecture of the application in a nutshell is as follows:
SiebelApp1(SA1) queries for data from SiebelApp2(SA2) in real time.When query is fired, a SOAP request is sent to a BizTalk Server.BizTalk sends SA1 unique id to a Web repository containing web service. The web service method is invoked and a SA2 unique id correponding to the SA1 id is generated and returned to BizTalk. BizTalk now sends the changed id again to the web repository and another different web service method is invoked.This method fetches the necessary result set from a DB and this result set is sent to BizTalk. Biztalk again converts the unique id (which is SA2 id) to corresponding SA1 id by sending the id to the web repository and invoking the required web service method. Once the converted id(id of SA1) is obtained the results are displayed in SA1 application UI.
I have a few questions related to that:
1. Do we need to use a multi-protocol script to test performance for querying SA2 from SA1(i.e., when we are testing the entire application by logging in to SA1 and considering the rest as a black box)? If YES, what are the protocols we will need?
2. We plan to get the timings breakup for different interfaces at each point where BizTalk is involved(i.e., for example, time taken to send request from BizTalk to Web Repository and response obtained). Is it possible to do this with LR? If YES, what is the protocol we need? If NO, can anyone suggest any other approach?
Looking forward to some help very ******ly. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Re: Perf testing of integrated Siebel-BizTalk App
"Looking forward to some help very ******ly."
The people here are all volunteers. If this is really u-r-g-e-n-t the way to get help here is to get a purchase order in USD or Euros. At that point there are any number of members that will help you ******ly.
P.S. To all: Try typing a response with the word urg-ent!