Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

lr_whoami

Does lr_whoami do any good?

I'm trying to create a switch statement based on vuser_number, but it seems as though no matter how many vusers I run, the vuser_id is always == 45.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    lr_output_message("This is vuser_id %d", lr_whoami);
    </pre><hr />

Unless I do this, in which case I get the vuser_id == -1

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    lr_whoami(&amp;id, NULL, NULL);
    lr_message( "vuser id: %d", id);
    </pre><hr />

Crazy, eh? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what it could be.

So I think I'll probably just need to create a parameter based on vuser_number and use else if statements (I seem to remember case only takes constants).

But shouldn't lr_whoami return the vuser_number, as determined by the sequential order in which the vusers started? The help on lr_whoami is very unhelpful.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: lr_whoami

As the help of lr_whoami suggests,

int id, scid;
    char *vuser_group;

lr_whoami(&amp;id, &amp;vuser_group, &amp;scid);
    lr_message( "Group: %s, vuser id: %d, scenario id %d",

vuser_group, id, scid);

Note that memory for vuser_group is allocated automatically. Do not alter the string.

So this should be the way in which lr_whoami has to be used.

Otherwise you can use the parameter type VUserID for getting the VUser number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Very likely I would just use a parameter with the virtual user number and construct the switch statement based upon an evaluation of

int my_eval_var=atoi(lr_eval_string("{my_vuser_number_ param}"))

It might make it easier to check the conditions of the switch statement as well since you could assign a static value to the my_eval_var variable in script development
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, seems like lr_whoami may simply be broken, or maybe it's just used to assign a vuser id, rather than read it.

Oh well, doesn't really matter; I'll just use the vuser parameter option.

But it's always good to get this fact documented on this site in case anyone is wondering the same thing in the future (especially if I forget and that person is me!).