1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? LR
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
Framework 1.1, 2.0
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)?
Microsoft XP SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
The informed me of possible solutions. All have been done:
- Check my data files for inconsistencies
- Delete some specific files
Synposis of Problem:
I'm experiencing the Insufficient records error message, but I'm experiencing when there is no mathematical reason it should be occuring.
I have Script A, with 29,000 records, and Script B with 30,000 records, and only 10 Vusers each, and I'm getting this error on the first iteration.
I've tried the following in addition to HP's response:
- Changing run time from Thread to Process
- Setting the List to "Continue in Cyclical Manner" to try and resolve.
The Parameters are set up as such:
Contine in Cyclical Manner.
Any thoughts on this? HP support (even escalated) seems to be confused.