Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

loadrunner is not able to record the PDF reports

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
    (substitute your answer here)

LR 9.0

2. What is the protocol you are recording?

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?

2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    (indicate yes/no)

using HTML default settings. ( no advanced settings)
    4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    (indicate which)

N/A

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    (List details here)

LR 9.0 BUILD 2289

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    (indicate which)

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
    - Subscription,
    - Perpetual,
    - Permanent/Unlimited
    - Virtual User days, or
    - Evaluation?
    (choose the one that fits your license model - (substitute your answer here))

PERMENENT/UNLIMITED

8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    (List here)

WINDOWS 2000 SP4

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?

-----------------

Hi all,

I am trying to record PDF format reports in LR. But is it not recognising that. I can't see any screen shot in recording summary. getting the below messages in replylog.

Action.c(237): HTML parsing not performed for Content-Type "application/pdf" ("ParseHtmlContentType" Run-Time Setting is "TEXT"). URL="http://xxxx/crnsqa/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi/gd/H4sIAAAAAAAAALMODfLxdNFQ8q0KrfDPcq30dQk18K0KNPYPCQ TS6WZ*VY6m-o62tkqaAFJ4sgIqAAAA/" [MsgId: MMSG-26548]

I tried to record by using web ( click and script) also.

Could not able to record PDF reports. Please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: loadrunner is not able to record the PDF reports

Try regular web with URL mode. You should see the pdf download.
    Unless you are writing a compiler, strtok is NOT the answer.
    See: http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...=541641#542222

QAF is still an exercise in self-sufficiency! (Thank JB!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, as noted in the LoadRunner YahooGroups question of the same vein, this is by design. The LoadRunner preview shows HTML items. You will also not see your report in the run time viewer, as this requires a browser add-in.

The run time viewer is not a full featured browser and does not support the add-in models of Firefox or Internet Explorer for extending the functionality of the brower for supporting other data types. You would see the same behavior if your application previewed an Excel formatted file in a browser window, it just will not happen.

Assuming you have already addressed the question of "Does this work for one," then you are looking at whether a valid formatted adobe acrobat file is downloaded as a part of a request-response pairing. Each Acrobat file begins and ends with a distint symbol convention. In your return datastream check to ensure that the sequence in question is returned.

If you receive both a valid beginning of file sequence and a valid end of file sequence, then you can be fairly confident that you have received a valid formatted adobe acrobat file in response to your request for one. Looking at the message above, it's a pretty safe bet that you also have a value to correlate, if you have not already addressed that component. And the message is correct, the PDF file is not HTML format and not subject to the HTML parser, instead it is a derivative of the PostScript language and would require a completely different parser for rendering and modification.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Also you may need to

Pressf4>Preferences>options>parse HTML> select any

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I had a similar problem with my oracle e-business suite. The application was loading the PDF file in a separate browser after clicking a button in the forms. LR was not recording the steps related to the file download while it recorded the button click !!
    After struggling for good amount of time, I got it to download the PDF file also. This is what I did :

* In the recording options, I included 'application/pdf' content type in the list of content types to record.
    * After this, I was able to see the URL that generates the PDF in the 'GENERATION LOG' (after recording).
    * Just copied that URL after the 'button click' step.
    * The button click step internally stored the URL in a parameter and this parameter was not visible in the standard log output !! :-)
    * I used the EXTENDED LOG option to get the name of the parameter.
    * After correlating the URL value obtained from the generation log with this parameter value, I got everything right. I was able to see the PDF content in my logs.

I believe this will be useful for all those who land in this forum after searching for 'loadrunner not able to record PDF' <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

<font color="brown"> Informative </font>
    The views expressed in this forum are mine. My organization does not subscribe to the substance, veracity or truthfulness of the said opinion