Upgrading to a concurrent license server
So my company is upgrading to a concurrent license server for Loadrunner v8.1. I have a temporary key for the main load box which i am using at the moment. My question is...How do I remove the temp key and install the path to the license server? I do not have a key associated with the license server that i can put in the new key section of the loadrunner application. Should my LSFORCEHOST be pointed to the server prior to installation in order to retrieve a license from the server? My main problem is that on the box that has the temp key, it seems that the temp key is overriding the LSFORCEHOST settings for loadrunner to search for the license.
Thanks for any information and sorry this post is so scatterbrained.
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
I have created WinRunner scripts that I run using LR.
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
I have FP4
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
I am not using VuGen
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
- Virtual User days, or
Currently have Permanent/Unlimited and Temporary.
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
All licenses are valid
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
Currently negotiating a service agreement with HP.