Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Loadrunner 9.0 against java swing

The other details are :

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
    LR 9.0

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    I have tried with different protocols like Jacarda,ODBC,Web[HTTP],RMI Java and also their combination.But none of them is able to record the actions.No option for TCP/IP protocol.

3. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    NA

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    n/a

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    New

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
    Permanent/Unlimited license with 500 Vusers allowed.

8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
    Current

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    Windows XP Professional/Version 2002/ SP 2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    Yes. Nothing (they are going to investigate). HP support site is really bad.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am facing some problems while using LoadRunner for JAVA applicaton.The details are as follows:

Technology Used to developed the application: Java (mostly Java Swing)
    Web server used : proprietory nMarket web server
    Application Server used: proprietory nMarket appserver
    Database: Oracle
    Protocol used to communicate with the central server is: TCP/IP

I am able to launch the application using LoadRunner but after the application launch LR is not able to record the events.

Can anybody help me to sort this problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Loadrunner 9.0 against java swing

Mods, Need to move this to LoadRunner forum..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Find out how many processess are launching when you start the application manually and among those which is one which communicates with central server.Record that process through winsock.You might need to have application support team guys standing on your back for this.Please note that this is one of ways for moving forward and you will still need to chase the HP support for concrete solutions.Also you need to mention the type of the application like Client server,Web Application etc.Rememeber more the information you provide more you can expect from the forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you, kiranbadi1991, for the help. The application is a client/server.
    I did recording using WinSock. It looks like some binary file. I cannot read anything there.... and to work with Winsock is a pain...
    On the top of everythign this is a third party software. In-house developers donít have any idea about protocols and/or process

I was hoping that maybe HP gave some patch or something for this issue, because it looks like not just me who have this problem....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Based on your information , winsock sounds to the right protocol for you.if you have good concepts , winsock will be fun for you,just make sure that you make the note of steps you follow while recording and track those steps in script and map those things in buffers.

Since its oracle as you have said, it could be RMI,Oracle 2 tier(incase it uses packages)etc,but you need to have proper setting while recording like port setting etc for each protocol selected.have wireshark installed and find the right protocol.

But the best way for you to getting out this mess is, start with winsock or wait till you get the response from HP(Even if you get it, i doubt if they can give you some other solution)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you, kiranbadi1991

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I did recording using WinSock. It looks like some binary file. I cannot read anything there.... and to work with Winsock is a pain...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are seeing binary when recording with Winsock mode, my advise is to give up. It is usually impractical to create scripts with this vuser type in this situation.

I have answered a similar question recently at http://www.myloadtest.com/loadrunner...ting-for-jdbc/. Most of the advise in my reply will apply to your situation.

Cheers,
    Stuart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Stuart,

well i dont agree with your LoadRunner scripting with JDBC article,the reason being that swings are front end light weight windows like widgets and the communication protocol could be anything from oracle 2 tier to java rmi.The solution offered by you for terminal services or citrix is again the not the valid one as here you are not testing the complete application but couple of call flows.
    winsocks is also not that bad if one understands the basic concepts of socket programming.