Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Simulate multiple users - vugen script/Load runner

Hi all,

-------------------------------------------------------
    1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
    LR 8.1

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    WEB (http/html)

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    NO

4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    NA

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    (List details here)

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    NEW

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
    - Subscription,

8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
    CURRENT

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    WINDOWS XP SP2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    NA
    -------------------------------------------------------

I am new to Mercury load runner. I am testing a web interface which requires user login. Now, in the vugen script i can parameterize username and login to simulate multiple users and run the script multiple times. Also, i can simulate vusers in the load runner. I think I am getting confused as to where i should simulate the users.

For example, i have a vugen script parameterized to include 2 usernames and respective passwords. How do i run this script in load runner to simulate multiple users?

Does this sound confusing? please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks a bunch!
    Vik.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Simulate multiple users - vugen script/Load runner

Hello Vik,

Please read the posting instructions and edit your post to include the requested information to receive further help on this topic.

Thanks!
    Terri

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Simulate multiple users - vugen script/Load runner

Vik,

When you install loadrunner, in your program folder in the start menu, you will see a 'Tutorial' link. It is a must read for anyone new to LR. That tutorial (hardly 140 pages) will help you answer basic questions like this.

regards

Chid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Simulate multiple users - vugen script/Load ru

Terri

I modified the post. Thanks for letting me know. Should have read instructions before posting.

Regards,
    -Vik.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Simulate multiple users - vugen script/Load ru

Vik,

I agree with Chid, it would be a very good exercise to go through the tutorial. Since you are new to LoadRunner, I highly recommend that you get signed up for training (your company should provide for this) and get a mentor for your first project. LoadRunner is a very complex tool and it will be difficult to learn on your own.

-Terri