Avg resopnse time for pages.
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
- Virtual User days, or
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
Is there a way to get the average response time for individual pages? Do I need to create transactions before every click I perform and then manually move the think time out of the transaction in order to achieve this?
Re: Avg resopnse time for pages.
In Message, http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...mp;Main=425189
You indicate that you are using an evaluation license, while at the same time you have indicated that you also possess a non-evaluation license. This is perplexing under what circiumstances this might happen, as appropriate use is outlined in the purchased license, license-agreement.
Because your license type is in doubt, please turn your questions to HP|Mercury support.
Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour
. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.
Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.
Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes