COM/DCOM too many events
We are trying to record a script with COM/DCOM protocol,using C lang.The application is made in Delphi(windows app), and it's using an SQL Server DB.
We have 2 issues:
1.When we are trying to record using the filters (default ones and some specific .dll files),the login part (the username and pass) is not recorded,so when we replay the script,first page appear,asking us to fill in the info regarding password (the username it's taken from LDAP).
On the other hand, if we are not using the specific .dll files,but only the default filters,the login part is recorded well,but with too many events.
2.For Action part, using filters on dll files,it's generating more events than we wouldn't use the filters.
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
- Virtual User days, or
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
(Windows XP Professional - SP2)
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
(no answer yet)
Re: COM/DCOM too many events
Since you have an EVAL license, it is best you contact your HP VAR to assist you during your evaluation period. The evaluation process is between you and HP and therefore is not something we interfere with. I recommend you escalate your service request. HP will be very motivated to help you!
Since it is 9.0 and "Dot O" versions are known to be more defect-laden than other versions, HP will jump through hoops to assist you.