1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
LR 8.1 SP4
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
- Virtual User days, or
(choose the one that fits your license model - Permanent
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
(substitute your answer here)
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
Controller server 2003, loadgen and VU XP
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
background, I work for a smaller organistaion and responsible for app testing, which happens about 3 times a year. Tyring to develop a script for an app that does active server pages, it has a unique id to identify users
it looks like.
I dont have a usable right bracket that I can find. Is there anyway to do a web_reg_save_param that uses an offset rather than rb.
read my manual and could not find
I am an infrastructure engineer rather than an apps programmer, long process to try and hand load testing to apps.
Re: Correlation problem
I would guess your right boundary is a line break
You can try using "\r\n" as your RB
You can also leave your RB as a blank and use SaveLen and SaveOffset options. Look up the wrsp docs in help for the above two.
Re: Correlation problem
Curious....You have provided us with a name, value pairing as represented by LoadRunner for submission back to the server, but not likely appropriate for what the server has sent to the client, which is what would be used with web_reg_save_param().
I need to ask, has your employer, Lend Lease , sent you to LoadRunner training or have they paired you with an engineer|mentor who has worked with LoadRunner before? With A$10.5 billion dollars in funds under management and ~ A$413 Million in profits as of mid this year it would seem that Lend Lease does have the resources to provide you with the tools that you need to be successful in your position.
If my assumptions on training are incorrect, then please refer to your training manuals on manual correlation and the steps to identify and capture correlation candidates for use in your scripts. A chapter should be present on both manual and automated correlation which would be appropriate for working with active server page based applications.
Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour
. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.
Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.
Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes