Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

erro in generating vu scripts

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? 8.1

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    html
    3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    NO
    4. URL mode with Concurrent groups, or
    yes
    5. URL mode without Concurrent groups?
    no
    6. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using?
    not sure
    7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have - Subscription, Perpetual, Virtual User days, or Evaluation? (choose the one that fits your license model - subscritpion-full license

8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
    current
    9. What platform(s) and Operating Systems? Include version and service packs.
    windows xp
    10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    never filed a service request

sometimes when i complete vu script, and vugenerator attempt to generate the script, i am getting this message: "This action can't be completed because the other program is busy. choose "switch to" to activate the other busy program and correct the problem"

clicking on Retry won't do anything......
    clicking on switch will just open the Start menu...

any suggestion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: erro in generating vu scripts

The issue lies with your system.Check which process is eating your cpu and kill it.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A couple of things.

1) make sure that you have propely installed Loadrunner
    2) make sure your are i LR 8.1 with FP4
    3) When scripting make sure no other applications are open beside vugen and the AUT.
    4) Make sure you have the required system requirements for running VUgen

Questions i ask you:
    1) What plugins are u you using?
    2) Have you tried a complete unistall and reinstall of VUGen? -- If not I recommend to do this. and make sure to follow the unistall steps provided by mercury
    Alfredo R. Rivera
    IT Principal SDLC Automation Subject Matter Expert
    (CCRC/CQ/CQTM/RMT/RFT/RPT/REQPRO)
    (LR/QTP/CQ/SS/WR)
    Certified Mercury Interactive Instructor
    Certified Tester, Foundation Level (CTFL)
    www.fredotech.com
    www.testingframework.com
    www.automationtesting.org
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/fredotech

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I get this problem from time to time when executing scripts in the VUGen. Mercury support is not helpful and doesn't seem to understand that error dialogs with no working options are a problem. The only way out of that error dialog is to kill the vugen.exe and mmdrv.exe processes.

When this -- or any other strange behavior -- happens in the VUGen, running the register batch file in the VUGen's install directory usually fixes the problem. I don't have it on the PC I'm using now and don't remember the exact filename, but its a batch file with something like "reg" or "register" in the name.