Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

failed transactions at multi-Vusers

. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which LR or PC)
    LR 8.1
    2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    2.1 If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    HTML-Advanced with URLs
    2.2 URL mode with Concurrent groups, or
    2.3 URL mode without Concurrent groups?
    3. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using?
    Feature Pack 4
    4. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have - Subscription, Perpetual, Virtual User days, or Evaluation? (choose the one that fits your license model)
    Permanent
    4.1 If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
    5. What platform(s) and Operating Systems? Include version and service packs.
    Windows Server 2000
    6. If you have filed a service request with Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    Not yet

Hi, everyone:
    I had payment submission script. Each kind of payment is an independent function. And there is data driver control the percentage of each kind of payment. Every iteration, data driver pick one payment and process the specific payment function.

Our system architecture is like this: Payment request was sent through browser via HTTP request, a web server process this request. web server then communicate with DB server to process some data. web server also needs to communicate to other part of internet to process data, like connect to Link2gov to process credit card payment.

The application is wrote at .NET, so every communication with server, there is ViewState and EventValidation parameters need to be correlated.

I had no failed transactions with 1 Vuser running. But transactions started to fail at 2 Vusers and increase exponentially with the increasing of No. of Vusers. The error message was:
    HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
    Connection: close
    <title>An error occurred retrieving the user session. Input string was not in a correct format.</title>

The reason for this error was, I think, some correlated value missing, like ViewState or EventValidation. Then next step input string was missing because the wrong correlation.

My question:
    1) If the failed transaction of multi-vuser is because of my script, why no failed transaction at 1 Vuser. How to check which part in my script is wrong.
    Actually, I had a senior performance engineer reviewed my script, seems OK.
    2) What are the other possible reasons for the failed transactions of multi-vuser? Web server issue? DB server issue? How to check this?
    I have monitored web server CPU usage and found out it is around 100% at 16 Vuser running. But this seems can't explain the failed transactions at 2 Vusers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: failed transactions at multi-Vusers

Record your script twice and use diff (highlight inline differences). The things that have changed need to be correlated.

* Viewstates can grow rather large, so you will probably need to set "web_set_html_param_size" (or whatever the exact command is).
    Unless you are writing a compiler, strtok is NOT the answer.
    See: http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...=541641#542222

QAF is still an exercise in self-sufficiency! (Thank JB!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, those issues had been fixed already. As I said, my script worked perfect at single Vuser, no failed transactions. Had the script got the mistake mentioned blow, it would have failed at 1 Vuser.

Now I just don't know why it failed at multi-Vuser.

[ QUOTE ]
    Record your script twice and use diff (highlight inline differences). The things that have changed need to be correlated.

* Viewstates can grow rather large, so you will probably need to set "web_set_html_param_size" (or whatever the exact command is).

[/ QUOTE ]

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Did you run a controller scenario with 1 VUser and then does it fail when you do a scenario with 2 VUsers? Do both Vusers fail in the controller or only one?

If the script has been properly correlated etc, I would try extended logging to see why one Vuser is behaving differently from the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded