1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which LR or PC)
( <font color="blue"> LR81FP4P125 </font> )
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
( <font color="blue"> HTTP Advanced, also trying Click N Script </font> )
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
( <font color="blue"> YES </font> )
4. URL mode with Concurrent groups, or
( <font color="blue"> YES </font> )
5. URL mode without Concurrent groups?
( <font color="blue"> NO </font> )
6. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using?
( <font color="blue"> DO NOT OWN/USE </font> )
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have - Subscription, Perpetual, Virtual User days, or Evaluation? (choose the one that fits your license model - ( <font color="blue"> Perpetual </font> ))
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
( <font color="blue"> N/A </font> )
9. What platform(s) and Operating Systems? Include version and service packs.
( <font color="blue"> WINXP SP2 </font> )
10. If you have filed a service request with Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
( <font color="blue"> after numerous attempts to try WININET </font> )

Describe the exact nature of your issue, giving as much detail as possible. Assume you are communicating with someone who knows little about LoadRunner.

Well, I have been playing with LR81 forever. I've been using LR since ??? probably July of 2000 ??? so the version number? I don't remember. I have never had any issues recording our applications, until 8.1 with the new recording engine.

Since LR80 is going off maintenance in July, and we hire staff to take care of other day-to-day tasks, I have been focusing on this over that last few weeks, and have an open ticket with Mercury/HP.

My problem is that the only pages I end up with UNDER MOST CIRCUMSTANCES is http. At first, I thought it was not recording because the app was opening up a second window, but I discovered that that is not the case, either. I started last week trying to record a new application that starts from an https page, and my results were Nothing recorded.

It appears that when you try different things with Loadrunner that there is no way to return to an "Initial Reproducible State" (in other words, create a TEMPLATE with all the correct settings, and each time you need to record an application of a particular type, to select that template and everything is fine.

Yesterday, I finally had success! I was so proud that I even ZIPPED up the recording, before I even tried to play it back, so I had a good baseline of what the settings were at the time. I wish I had done the same thing for the registry. This morning? NOTHING, NADA, ZERO!

I have noticed several things that are different when I can get a successful recording: (yes, using sockets, not wininet). In the recording log I see the following on the [Network Analyzer] entries:

(Service=HTTP) or for SSL (SSL) (Service=HTTP)

If each listing does not sow the "(Service=)" information, my script will fail!

I'd love to chat more right now, but my Chauffeur just called and he is on his way.... I will add more info tomorrow, to both you and to Mercury!. Gotta run... When you've had the same Chauffeur for 36 years, you've gotta keep them happy!!!!