What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which LR or PC)
Performance Center 8.1 Feature Pack 4
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
2.2 URL mode with Concurrent groups, or
2.3 URL mode without Concurrent groups?
3. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using?
Feature Pack 4
4. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have - Subscription, Perpetual, Virtual User days, or Evaluation? (choose the one that fits your license model)
4.1 If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
5. What platform(s) and Operating Systems? Include version and service packs.
6. If you have filed a service request with Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
I have a couple of functions I created for doing some randomization from Ord=All of a web_reg_save_param. If I want all my testers to be able to use my functions what is the best way to do this? Should I create an include file? If I create an include file do I have to throw it on all my machines or when I zip the scripts for Performance Center will it take care of it for me?
Last question: If the include method works can I change the configuration of VUGen to add that include file to a web script automatically?
Thanks In Advance,
4. Concurrent Groups
5. LR91P026 QFE
7. All protocols - 3500 Vusers
9. Windows 2003 SP2
This is a fairly common question, and unless you've got time to burn learning templating, manually including an include file in each script is the way to go. I'd suggest only one include file too -- it just keeps maintenance easier.
Also, I was never able to use an include file in a truly C-like manner. For example, I could not register a prototype for a utils.c function in a header.h file and call that function from the vugen script. I tried everything I could think of, but I believe this is just how LR works (or does not work).
So you're best off including a .c file in your script and referencing your functions directly. I had to say a little incantation asking for forgiveness from K&R first, but it does work.